Sotheby’s Summer Institute for pre-college students is open to high school students (grades 10-12 based on the grade the student is entering in the Fall 2024 school year) and graduating seniors. Students must be 15 years old by the first day of the program. All students are required to complete an online application, which can be completed in a few basic steps. As students work through their application, they may save their progress and return to the application prior to final submission.
1. Fill out basic information
2. Select course preference
3. Complete short answer question
4. Pay a $50 application fee
5. Submit supplementary materials
- Transcript and School Report: Forms must include the school’s grading system and the most recent completed semester grades. Transcripts must be in English and do not need to be official. Report cards for the last two years are acceptable.
- Reference: must be a teacher, guidance counselor, coach or school official.
- Work/Writing Sample: Students can submit any piece of work as an optional supplement to their application (e.g. research paper, poetry, course assignment, artwork, proposals, etc.).
*Applications will not be considered complete until all required supplementary materials have been received. Failure to submit required supplementary materials by the application deadline may result in rejection or declined admission.